The Research Challenge Workshop
Workshop dates for 2023
We have new research challenge tasks in each workshop!
Workshop in person & full-day at WUC 2022
Jen Romano and I at the World Usability Congress 2022 in Graz, Austria.
Workshop in person at UXPA 2022
In the picture you see us - Jen Romano, Rebecca Destello, and I - in our first in-person 'Research Challenge' workshop at UXPA San Diego on 20 June 2022:
Jen Romano, Rebecca Destello and I created and moderated 'The Research Challenge', a workshop for junior researchers to work on real-life research challenges and practice research planning skills. In an interactive remote session on MIRO participants worked in groups and individually on research tasks - with timeboxing like in work-life or job interviews. The first of our workshop series was on 9 Sept. 2020, and the following ones were on 7 Oct. 2020, on 18 Nov. 2020, and on 16 Dec. 2020.
The big three did it again! The latest 'Research Challenge' workshop was on 17 August 2022.
- "Thanks again for your mentorship throughout the Research Challenge Workshop, I really enjoyed getting to know everyone and learned so much in those three hours."
- "I found it a great learning experience, helpful, and very informative!"
- "Thank you for the great workshop yesterday. It was a great way to practice my UXR skills as I go into my new role, and I enjoyed learning from you."
- "It was such a good experience; I'd love to be a part of any other workshops you put on."
- "Excellent method to encourage participation. I was very engaged."
- "Great vibe!"
- "Great to learn from others and see different approaches."
- "I enjoyed the group activity - to see different perspectives on the same issue."
- "Really powerful learning tool, as there is no one 'right' way to do all this!"
- "A lot of constructive feedback."
- "Three organisators worked well together and gave multiple viewpoints to our solutions."
- "Loved it! Working through this as a group was so beneficial. This met my expectations for a short workshop - great value! Everyone was fantastic :) thank you."
- "Thank you! This was really helpful to ID comfort levels and where I can grow more. I'm looking forward to more UX Research sessions."
- "Hi Sabrina, thank you so much for co-hosting the Research Challenge today. I really enjoyed having you as my group moderator during the workshop. Even though it's not in-person, you radiate so much warmth and good energy!"